An ambitious renovation project
The Humanities & Social Sciences BU is centrally located on the Pont-de-Bois campus. It houses a collection of almost 800,000 items, making this a highly attractive library both in terms of its encyclopaedic depth and the rarity of some of its historic collections – veritable jewels of cultural heritage.
Structural changes such as the introduction of a “student life” space as well as teaching and group work areas and a dedicated space for young researchers were made in an effort to reflect new practices in academic studies.
The Humanities & Social Science BU also hosts a wide range of cultural events: exhibitions, literary gatherings, etc.
An ambitious renovation project for 2025
At the beginning of 2018, the University of Lille undertook a consultation process to contribute to the project’s management by conducting a planning study based on the existing spaces. AG Studio was entrusted with this mission.
By 2025, the Pont-de-Bois campus will have high-quality facilities building on the wealth of its library collections and a robust proposal for expanded, coherent and integrated services.
Renovation project for the Humanities & Social Science BU
- A major documentary unit, drawing on the wealth of its collections.
- A third place that will serve as a central living space and give structure to the Pont-de-Bois campus.
- Teaching innovation spaces with the capacity to deploy new forms of learning.
- An area for exhibitions and cultural events to reflect the University’s events & culture policy and nurture academic and cultural offerings on campus and the site as a whole.
- A research area with work spaces for doctoral students and postdocs from research labs on campus and the wider University.
- 2020 - Finalise the detailed technical plan in collaboration with AG studio
- 2020/2021 - Select the general contractor
- 2025 - Grand opening
total surface area in m²
entries in 2019